Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake!

Sadly, I had to pass on choosing the cake trip as my top preference on this summer's Munchmobile. My children have a busier schedule than I do and I just couldn't stick the hubby with all of the duties on a June Saturday. Therefore, my top four choices had to wait until the bulk of the spring sports were done.

Cake would have been right up my alley. I admit to having a weakness for the sweet stuff which is one of the reasons I run. However, after some deliberation and soul searching, I came up with my top four.

The second Down the Shore run to experience some of the tastiest places the Jersey Shore has to offer was of course my top pick. I am a Jersey girl born and bred and my heart and soul are tied to the shore. It was heartbreaking to see one of my favorite boardwalks devastated by Hurricane Sandy. Most of the Spring Lake boardwalk was reduced to ruins, but it along with the shore will be back.

I'm hoping for the shore trip because residents have to lend a hand to get businesses back on track.

My next pick went for the trip to find the best Chinese food. My kids won't eat it and they won't be coming, so that was a no-brainer.

Went with the healthy food quest next. I'd be a vegetarian if the hubby wasn't such a meat lover!

The final choice was a tough one. I kind of wanted to go with the everything weird, wild and wonderful run, but the hubby reminded me I'm not exactly the most adventurous eater on the block. Had to admit he was right, so settled on the bacon run.

Not the biggest fan of it, but put it on for the hubby who is the true foodie in the family and would love to take my seat on the Munchmobile.

Sorry, honey, but I will bring you something back!

No comments:

Post a Comment