Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Egg Roll Please

Well,I didn't get picked for the Down the Shore trip on the Munchmobile, but I did get my second choice which was Chinese food. As I said, I am completely excited about this one because my children hate to try anything different and the only thing they will touch from a Chinese menu is the fortune cookies. Yet, only two of them will eat them. The middle one just ponders the fortunes and tries to ascertain if they are true or not.

My trip is scheduled for July 20th and I am looking forward to it, but still don't know how I am going to manage to eat food in so many different places. It will be a challenge. The hubby loves the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I'm just amused at how much that guy can eat.

Not something I really want to aspire to, so I will probably just do the girl thing and taste a little bit of this and a little bit of that. My mother used to say that is how you don't gain weight. You just pick and don't eat a whole plate. Don't know about that, but I do know that if I eat a full meal in every place we visit, I will need a really big barf bag.

Peter Genovese the mastermind, driver and writer behind the Jersey icon has graciously agreed to be interviewed by yours truly for a freelance piece I was hoping to sell to New Jersey Monthly. Genovese is a wonderfully funny writer for the Star Ledger and is also the author of over ten books. He is a foodie with a real knack with words.

I'm almost looking forward to the interview more than the trip, but sadly NJ Monthly didn't bite. They declined my query since Genovese is already a household name in much of the Garden State and because the magazine competes with Inside New Jersey which is connected to the Ledger. Really, but okay. Since rejection is often my middle name, I will keep looking for a taker.

I have decided to set my sights on a food magazine with a broader appeal to hopefully get the Munchmobile a little more notice out of state.

The Munchmobile's first trip of the season is this week and it will be a little more fun following along this year knowing that I will be one of the munchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment