Sunday, November 17, 2013

A First Look

Secrets, Lies, and Trash has been searching for a home for a long time. It finally found one over the summer with Midnight Frost Books. Recently, I completed the first set of revisions and got a sneak peek at the cover. Since that is what initially grabs a reader and reels them in, it's important to have a good one. I was very excited to see mine.

It was designed by Suzannah Safi. It sports my protagonist Russell Waverly silhouetted on the cover against a dark backdrop. Love the colors and how it presents an air of mystery to it. Hopefully, it will do its job and draw the readers in.

Today, the second set of revisions arrived. I was happy to see my editor was pleased with the changes because I wasn't so sure. Change is never an easy thing for an author when it comes to your words, but I was glad to see she felt the manuscript flowed a lot smoother.

The entire editing process has been a real learning experience. I never realized certain words were 'evil' or how much I relied on certain words. As I begin a new manuscript, I find my writing to be stronger which is part of the process.

So, here it is. A first look at the cover of my newest mystery!



No comments:

Post a Comment